2014/09/28

Off-season? Volume and Frequency are your friends!

I am a middle level lifter. I am coming back from some nasty patella tendon partial tear a year ago. That means I have many months of off-season ahead.

Therefore volume and frequency are my friends. I strongly believe offseason intensities should be 60% - 85% (thank you Boris Sheiko for figuring this out decades ago so that I don't have to today :-)

If you are strong with 5x2 @ 85% and you are pushing the weight, then, as well, your 1RM is way up without killing your CNS with 1RM testing.


Today I did:

squat: 5x5 with 65%
bench press: 6x5 with 60%
Romanian DL: 6x5 with 60%


Try it, it's a pretty cool training. Lots of volume, great for muscle mass building as well and great for motor learning skills. Repeat two days later. Or modify. Or whatever.

Below is a picture perfect sumo setup by Malanichev. How he got so perfect? Hypers and glute ham raises? Nope. Tens of thousands of sumo reps. Yep, it's that simple.










No comments:

Post a Comment